Learn All About Our Amazing Ragdoll Cats
Ragdolls are large, loving, laid-back, medium-longhaired cats with stunning blue eyes. Their fur is rabbit-like in texture, non-matting and low shedding. Their sweet-natured, non-aggressive, easygoing personality makes the Ragdoll an ideal house or apartment companion. Ragdolls thrive on human companionship and develop a strong bond with their owners, meeting you at the door and following you from room to room. Ragdolls are intelligent and playful, they can be taught to retrieve and walk on a leash.
Ragdolls have four patterns – bicolor, mitted, colorpoint, and lynx
- Bicolor Ragdolls have points on their ears, face and tail with a white inverted “V” extending from their muzzle up into the darker mask on their face. They have white on their legs, feet, ruff and belly. Bicolor‘s have a pink nose and pink paw pads.
- Mitted Ragdolls are pointed on their face, ears, legs and tail with a white chin and white mittens on their front feet and white boots on their hind legs.
- Colorpoint Ragdolls have darker color on their ears, face, legs, feet and tail. Their body color is lighter than their point color.
- Lynx Ragdolls adds a striped effect to the face, legs, tail and a contrasting white on the inside of their ears, without affecting the color or the basic pattern.
Ragdolls are a pointed cat, which means that they have color on their ears, faces, legs and tails with a much lighter, complimentary body color. They come in the colors of Seal, Blue, Chocolate, Lilac, as well as tortoise, red (flame), cream, and Cinnamon with it’s dilute Fawn.
- Seal has deep seal brown points the dilute of Seal is Blue with slate blue to silver grey points.
- Chocolate has points like dark to milk chocolate the dilute of Chocolate is Lilac which has lilac or pinkish beige points.
- A tortoise is a multi-color cat. In addition to their primary point color, they will have creams & reds – their colors are as unique as a snowflake, no two are the same!
- Red (flame) point has red points the dilute is Cream, their points will be cream to light peach in color.
- Cinnamon is a russet color on their points, Fawn the dilute of Cinnamon is a shade lighter.
Bakerviewrags now has both Cinnamon and Fawn available in our colors!!
Controversy with Non-Traditional Ragdolls
Solid colored, Sepia, Mink and the Blue Eyed White (BEW) Ragdolls, have all the breed-specific features, like the large size, the silky coat texture, and unique personality. However it is claimed they do not have the traditional Ragdoll points (mask, ears, blue eyes, legs, and tails.) Non-Traditional are available in all of the Traditional Colors such as seal (black), blue, chocolate, lilac, white (BEW), cinnamon and fawn that make up the Ragdoll breed. They also come in all patterns, Point, Bicolor, Mitted and Lynx. The Non-Traditional Ragdolls can and are used in breeding programs and litters will produce their ‘type’ solid, sepia, mink or BEW as well as pointed kittens in their litters.
All of the Non-Traditional Ragdolls are accepted by TICA (The International Cat Association) as Ragdolls and can be registered as Ragdolls. Just recently the mink has been accepted as a new trait in the Ragdoll class!! Finally acceptance of the mink is coming!!
Non-Traditional Colors & Patterns
Mink and BEW (blue-eyed white) Ragdolls are also pointed cats.
- Mink Ragdolls carry the pointed gene. When mated with a traditional they will have both mink and traditional kittens. Unlike traditional, mink kittens are born with color. The Mink has a deeper, richer hue to their body color that is a warm shade of their points. Like the traditional, they have color on their ears, faces, legs and tails with a much lighter, complimentary body color. They come in all the variety of colors as traditional Ragdolls. Our newest boy – shared with Kristie of Olympia Ragdolls is a Cinnamon Point Mink.
- Blue-Eyed White (BEW) Ragdolls are also available. The white gene will ‘mask’ the cat’s true DNA colors. When bred to a non-white, a BEW will have both white and traditional colored kittens in their litter. Their litters are always so varied with the pure white puff balls as well as lots of color points!